Monday, March 20, 2006

Third Quarter Slump

I'm tired. Tired of school, tired of my sort-of job, tired of my knitting. This happens every year (although last year I didn't have a job and wasn't as prolific of a knitter), and things will improve dramatically after Spring Break, when I'll get to relax for a week and then have the end in sight.

I'm not terribly excited about knitting right now because I'll still not crazy about the purple sweater, and my next two planned projects are socks. For guys. And guys have much bigger feet than I do. And they don't tend to like footies, and they tend to like plain stockinette.

On the bright side, I survived knitting socks for my dad, and he's got bigger feet than my best friend or my boyfriend does. Plus, they've both been enthusiastic recipients of knitted things in the past, so I'm probably not going to worry that they don't like them (I hate knitting something for someone else and then stressing out over not being able to tell if they like it or not).

Honestly, though, I want to knit something more exciting than socks.

No comments: