Saturday, March 18, 2006

Whew! I spent this week having ridiculously long days (something on the order of leave for school at 6:30, getting home in the 9:00 to 10:30 p.m. time frame) and really not wanting to rip out the purple sweater to reknit the back. It occured to be than I always wear a camisole under sweaters anyway, so that will be long enough.

I know I'm going to wear this sweater, but currently, I don't actually love it. The yarn is soft, but the stitch definition isn't great, so my stitch pattern doesn't show up as much more than vertical lines. I've fininshed sleeve #1 (I love short sleeves) and in a little bit I'll be knitting while I watch the NCAA basketball tournament.

I decided to go ahead and order the yarn for the socks I promised my best friend. He has a pair of shoes that he got for Christmas, and he once mentioned to me that he suspected that he should probably not wear white socks with them. Because these shoes are tan, and because his favorite pair of pants are a similar shade of tan corduroy, I ordered Knit Picks Essential in Fawn. No pattern yet, but I may just stick with a rib.

I've got my first bike marathon bright and early tomorrow morning. Thank goodness I'm a morning person. I haven't ridden in a few weeks, but I think I should be alright. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kaity said...

Good luck! Why at school so long?

Marion said...

I had a math competition and babysitting on Wednesday, then a chemistry thing, band festival, and more babysitting on Thursday. I hate it when I have a million things on one day like that, but I usually survive.