But check this out!

He was over on Sunday and requested knitting lessons. So I got out a partial skein of Brown Skeep Cotton Fleece and taught him. After two rows, be was bored. "Teach me how to purl". So I taught him how to purl. He took the yarn and needles home with him, saying he would practice. And then he came over yesterday, saying he wanted me to check his knitting to see if he was making mistakes.
Oh. My. Goodness. There are literally no mistakes, just a couple of uneven stitches. Anyone else I've tried to teach to knit has dropped stitches and made lots of accidental YOs. I'm seriously impressed. He wants to make felted potholders and the mallard duck from The World of Knitted Toys.
Here's what we made for dinner on Sunday night, because I was proud of how pretty it looked. We made teriyaki steak (with an avocado, ginger, green onion, and lime relish), and fried rice with carrots and onions.
4 comments:
Wow, that's impressive! I wish my boyfriend would request knitting lessons!!
how hip! and that dinner looks yummo - great idea!
Dude. I don't care what age they are, Men who knit will always impress me!!!
I'm so glad that cast off worked for you, it works really well for collars on sweaters too.
Wow - he's obviously a natural knitter - such even stitches -and for a beginner no less!
Post a Comment