Sunday, May 14, 2006

Socks... For Me!

I went out to lunch and yarn shopping after the AP Chemistry exam on Wednesday. I haven't been down to the sort-of local yarn shop since last summer, but I figured I'd go because it was close to the place we went for lunch and they have a birthday discount (20% off your entire purchase one time during your birthday month).


I got a skein of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Georgetown (blue/lavender/aqua/green varigated) for footie socks and some ONline Supersocke 100 Summer Color to make some self-striping socks. I've only used sock yarn with cotton in it once before, and I wasn't crazy about it, but I think it will be easier with metal needles.

Also, my boyfriend has been continuing to try and teach me how to cook. Yesterday's project was mango sorbet, served in bowls made from frozen mango halves and garnished with mint:
I'm not exactly sure it counts as actual cooking, but it was delicious. Today I'm making quiche (one of the few things I already know how to cook) for our Mother's Day brunch.

1 comment:

kathy b said...

The Lorna's Laces footies look soooo soft. Great choice. I have to try some footies next. What pattern did you use?