Thursday, September 28, 2006

Looking A Lot Like Last Week

Most of the time, my glove-in-progress sits in the bowl that I got from Jennifer, so it hasn't moved all that much.

Yesterday, our RA came into our room for some other reason and saw my knitting. After the usual "What are you knitting?"and "What tiny needles!", she ran downstairs to get the scarf she's knitting to show me and then we had an impromptu knitting-in-the-round lesson. We're going to go to Michael's this weekend to get yarn so that she can knit a beanie.

My Discrete Math class was cancelled today, so I don't have to go to class until 2:30. I slept in, and have been sitting here half doing my physics homework, half browing online, knitting, and talking on the phone instead. My boyfriend and I both have VoIP headsets so we can talk and knit or crochet (I knit, he crochets) at the same time. It's fun. He says he's about halfway done with the scarf that he's been crocheting for me since last summer (he's restarted a couple of times, or at least that's what he says--he hasn't let me see it). Maybe soon I'll get to post a picture of that...

Speaking of crocheted scarves, I want to learn to crochet just so I can make the Ella scarf from KnitWhits. My home LYS has the kit, but I've already bought the pattern online and I'm thinking of using Elann Sonata.

1 comment:

Kaity said...

It's cool that your teaching RA knitting tips, you should have a knitting session regularly.