Friday, October 27, 2006

59 And Counting

Yep. Only 59 knitting days left. Have I started? Nope.

I did a lot of gift knitting last year, but I don't think I'll be able to do as much this year. School is really busy and even though I'm working on managing my time better, I just don't have that much extra time to knit. Luckily, our winter break starts on December 9.

So what am I knitting?
  1. Socks for my grandma. She wears the socks I knit her last year all the time, so I think another pair is in order. I haven't picked a yarn yet, but I've got the pattern narrowed down to Hedera and Hello Yarn's Cable Twist Socks.
  2. Socks for my dad. He also wears the Zebra socks all the time, and has expressed interest in a red pair (to match his favorite cycling jersey), made of "stretchy" sock yarn. I'm probably going to use Regia Stretch and dye it red with Kool-Aid if I can't find it in red.
  3. A scarf for my friend Allison. Knit sideways in blue and sage green Knit One Crochet Too souffle that I got at my new LYS a few weeks back.

And my two youngest brothers could probably use new beanies, and I know my boyfriend wants another one (and socks, come to think of it), but that might not happen because I'm eyeing Kate Gilbert's Equestrian Blazer from the Winter Interweave Knits--for me! Although I have to admit I'm hoping that I'll be able to make it into more of a cardigan than a blazer.

I'm making good progress on the second Elfine's sock. I'm hoping to have a good picture to show tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thats a lot of knitting. I should probably get my list started... I love the Equestrian Blazer! Super cute.