And only 22 knitting days left. But at least my Grandma's Christmas socks are done.
Pattern: Hello Yarn's Cable Twist Socks
Yarn: Regia Silk in Leinen, way less than two skeins
Needles: U.S. size 2 bamboo DPNs, U.S. size 1 for heels and toes
Modifications: I added an extra stitch to each cable so the sock would be knit over 64 stitches instead of 56. I thought about making the cables swirl the opposite direction on the second sock, but decided not to.
I'm going to be knitting another pair of these for myself, but with a different yarn. It's the usual "I like how the finished product feels, but I don't like knitting with it". The next pair might be Shepherd Sock or one of the other usual favorites.
In other sock news, my boyfrind told me this morning that he was wearing the socks I knit him last spring to the big football game "for luck." Aww...
1 comment:
Aww! How Cute!
Those socks are really pretty.
Post a Comment