Saturday, January 14, 2006

Caffeinated Knitting

Thursday afternoon: I start knitting my boyfriend's "Llama hat." While babysitting, I finish the entire first ball of yarn, and wish I'd brought the second one.

Friday, fifth period: Finish grading homework packets (I'm a teacher's aide). Pull out hat and get about an inch done in the last 30 or so minutes of the block.

Friday, shortly after arriving home at 11:45 p.m.: I realize that while that 16 oz. mocha ice blended with an extra shot of espresso may have been very helpful in keeping me awake while driving home, it's going to make it a bit tough to sleep. Oh well. Pull out the hat.

Monday, shortly before 1:00 a.m.: Finish hat. Call boyfriend to tell him (this guy is the epitome of a night person). Decide that maybe now I'll go to bed, seeing how my alarm is going off at 7:30 because I'm tutoring at 9:00.

Monday, 7:31 a.m.: Wake up to alarm. Check email and read email from kid's mom letting me know that they were going skiing this weekend, so I ought to sleep in. Whoops.

I knew I should have checked my email when I go home last night. I'll post a picture ASAP, because this hat is pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

Kaity said...

I cant wait to see the hat!