Sunday, February 12, 2006

Saturday Night Fever

*Cue "Stayin' Alive"*

Honestly, I think I spent most of yesterday sleeping and knitting. Then about 4:30 I finally took a shower and went to the mall with my best friend. The mission: a Valentine's Day card for the girl he's not dating (yet), a Valentine's Day present for my boyfriend, and a 16th birthday present for the oldest of my three six-foot-tall "baby" brothers.

I honestly think that we spent about half an hour in Hallmark looking for cards that were funny and sweet but not dirty or overly romantic. He ended up with a Peanuts card with a picture of Snoopy and Woodstock hugging. I can't say what I go for my brother since I think he reads my blog sometimes, but I ended up getting Wedding Crashers for my boyfriend, since he liked it and it's a guy movie I don't mind watching.


As for the knitting, I settled on Fleur for the name, and she's coming along nicely. I finished the last set of waist increases right last night, and now I'm on to the plain stockinette section at the top of the body. I'm not sure how long it will take me to finish her, but two three day weekend and some babysitting this week ought to help.

I'm thinking about writing up the pattern, but I've got a couple of questions: What range of sizes should I do? Since I'm fairly petite, should I test knit one of the larger sizes to make sure the numbers work out? And should I sell the pattern from my blog or should I sumbit it to Knitty or MagKnits?

No comments: