Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The To-Knit List

I'm going to be a meanie and make you wait for a picture of Fleur until I'm actually completely done. I've got the ends mostly woven in, but I need to do something about the edges of the armholes and the v-neck.

In the mean time, I'll write about what I'm going to be knitting.

First, I did promise my dad a long time ago that I'd knit him some socks to wear cycling. Now, I personally don't think I'd wear wool socks cycling, but that's just me. And I shouldn't complain, because this way I get to use some fun yarn. He picked out Opal Rainforest Collection in Zebra, which will be my first experience with self-patterning yarn. Fun!

I also promised my best friend some socks. He, however, wants boring socks. I think that I'll probably find a simple, manly stitch pattern to keep it interesting. Ribs, if I have to, but I've got something else in mind.

Speaking of socks, I love the Elfine's socks and Falling Leaves patterns.

And then, there are the two projects that I've already got yarn for. I'm myself a beanie much like the one I made my boyfriend about a month ago, and another sweater is in the works.

I'll be using the SWTC Optimum DK (in Lilac) to make a sweater slightly reminiscent of The Somewhat Cowl. I like the sleeve length, but I'm going to use a different stitch pattern for the bottoms of the sleeves and body. I'm not exactly sure what the neckline is going to be like, but it will be wide and deep enough to show off a necklace.

At some point in the next few months, I'll have a prom dress, and then I'll be knitting a shawl or a wrap to wear with that. I'll need to pick out a dress before I even start to think that it will look like, but yarn options include Rowan Kidsilk Haze and KnitPicks Alpaca Cloud.

This all ought to keep me busy for a while. :)

1 comment:

Kaity said...

Ooh a wrap to go with your prom dress, awesome! If your looking for a guy-ish sock, there is that Thuja Pattern at Knitty:
http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTthuja.html