Sunday, February 26, 2006

Frustrations

So, this whole designing your own sweater with the help of another pattern thing… It isn’t working. I can do tank tops and that sort of thing just fine, and I’m pretty sure I could so something with raglan sleeves given enough time. But the fact that I want to knit something with sleeves for a change is turning out to be a problem.

My original plan was to use the numbers from The Knitter’s Handy Book of Sweater Patterns, but that was before I looked at the schematics for the sweaters. My arms are not 14 or 15 inches around at the widest point. Try something more like eleven inches.

Plan B was to use the pattern for the beaded short sleeved sweater in Vintage Knits by Sarah Dallas as a guide. I could easily lengthen the sleeves and use my stitch pattern instead of the beads. But not only are the sleeves too big here, the body of the sweater is too small.

What to do… Am I the only one who has arms this skinny? I know that I’m fairly petite, but a three or four inch difference in measurements? Wow.

I meant to get pictures of Fleur today, but I went to a basketball game instead. And now my hair is too messy for pictures. I’m bad.

No comments: