Saturday, March 04, 2006

Fleur Makes Her Debut

Time to show off!


Pattern: My own, which I'm trying to get written up. :)
Yarn: Karabella Vintage Cotton in color 311 (sand), 4 or 5 balls
Needles: 24" Addi Turbo circular needle, U.S. size 3

What did I learn doing this? She fits a lot better this time around, so I'd say that I learned something about shaping and sizing. I also learned what kind of increases and decreases I like the look of in a knitted garment. And I got to do three-needle bind off for the shoulder seams, which, as I've found, makes a really nice seam.
Most importantly, I got another reminder that it's so much better to frog it and start over if I don't like it. I would have never worn the first incarnation, but I'll wear this all the time as soon as it warms up.

What would I still do differently? Next time, I swear I'm going to remember what a long torso I have, and make the bottom at least another half inch longer. That way it will cover my stomach without the constant tugging that this one requires. And I think I might have chosen a bright or dark color instead of one that prompts comments from my little brother about how it matches my skin.

5 comments:

Kaity said...

Gasp! Wow, soo cute!!!!!!

Lynda said...

Very nice!!! I am amazed at those of you who design - great job and greater fit!

Anonymous said...

VERY cute - great job with your own design, girlie!

kathy b said...

I'll BUY the pattern from you if you want!

Anonymous said...

Your tank is AWESOME!!!If you ever decide to sell it, please let me know. acctguru@bham.rr.com