When I frogged the first few rows of the Doberman socks last night and restarted in toe-up mode, I decided to be adventurous. I used size 0 needles! Whoa.
It didn't last long.
The already itty bitty gauge got even smaller, the knitted fabric was stiffer, and it was going to take longer to knit the socks. Unwilling to frog again and have to redo my provisional cast-on (the only reason I don't knit all socks toe-up), I though to myself, "SELF! Why don't I just finish the toe with these miniscule needles and switch to size 1s after I'm done with the toe? I bet having the toe knit on smaller needles will make it more durable!"
I've never heard of doing that before. None of the sock patterns I have call for that, but how many sock patterns do I have? About three? Right. So size 0's for the toes and heels it is.
Of course, if I'd thought about it and used thicker yarn like Kaity did, I might be done with the first one by now, too.
Photos tomorrow or Thursday when I have more progress to show.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm afraid that size 0 needles would kill me if I even touched them...
Post a Comment