Tuesday, April 25, 2006

An FO And A Morning Off

Doberman socks

Pattern: Made up basic ribbed sock
Yarn: KnitPicks Essential in Fawn, 2 skeins
Needles: Susan Bates Silvalume DPNs, size 1 and size 0 (toes and heels)
Gauge: 9 stitches per inch in stockinette stitch

Nice rack, huh? I took this picture now because he wants his socks, but I'm going to do my best to get a modeled picture of these socks, mostly because we picked out the yarn to match his Seven corduroy pants and his favorite shoes.

I get three mornings off this week thanks to seniors not taking state standardized tests. Honestly, I should be going to AP Chemistry review these mornings, or at least studying, but why study when you can knit or sew?

The Novelty Boutone I got from handpaintedyarn.com got here yesterday, so I did some informal swatching and cast on last night for my friend's scarf. Her birthday is next Wednesday (same as mine), so I'm trying to get it done as quickly as possible. It's a really pretty yarn, but the color isn't quite what I expected. There's quite a bit of this funky dark color that sometimes appears brown and sometimes dark reddish-purple. I don't mind it, exactly, but I think it would look better if the dark color was a navy blue or more purple.

I'm also working on my boyfriend's socks. I'm more than half done with the heel on the second sock. My goal was to finish before I see him next, but one of his flaky professors cancelled class this morning so I'll be seeing him in a little bit. I'll aim for finishing before this weekend, instead.

2 comments:

Kaity said...

Your so lucky you get mornings off for the stupid STAR tests. At our school, us seniors are stuck in a classroom until lunch doing study hall for 4 hours. What fun.

Nice Socks! I still have only one boyfriend sock done, because I took up knitting a new pair for myself. Haha.

Lynda said...

Great socks!