I was thinking today while I was knitting. I really want to knit a sweater, something I haven't done since I knit a fuschia Ribbi Cardi last June. I've never worn it, but that's mainly due to not having a zipper for it. The only other sweater I've knit was based on Candy from the Winter 2004 issue of Knitty, using Cotton Fleece. That sweater has since been given to my cousin, since she loved it and I didn't wear it much.
In the time since last June, I've knit a lot of socks, a few scarves, entirely too many beanies, several tops, and assorted miniature things for fun. But no sweaters.
I think the time has come for me to knit a sweater. I did promise my dad I'd knit him a sweater this summer. He wanted an Aran sweater, but I'm not a big fan of cables and the thought of the thousands of little cable crossings required by an Aran big enough to fit my dad makes me nauseous. I think I've found a sweater that he likes that and I won't mind knitting, though; more on that another time.
So that's all fine and dandy, but I want to knit a sweater for me. I don't mind knitting a sweater for my dad, exactly, but he doesn't get cold. He wears the one wool sweater he owns three times a year, if that. I'd prefer a sweater that is going to actually get worn, and while this may be selfish, I think I'm the perfect one to wear it.
I'll be thinking about this some more. The first step is probably figuring out what kind of sweater I want to knit (and wear).
I hope everyone had a good Easter!
Sunday, April 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment