Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Spring Break!

I just love Spring Break. I'm trying very hard to ignore the fact that I have AP exams starting in (gulp) 13 days, and instead, concentrating on knitting, rereading the Confessions of a Shopaholic books, and the fact that I have a birthday in 14 days.

I came home caffienated on Monday night, so I stayed up until almost 1 a.m. knitting. Then yesterday, I knit. And knit. And took a nap. And knit. And read. And knit some more. The result? I'm almost done with the first of my boyfriends socks, and after giving him a hard time on Monday about having big feet and saying that it was going to take forever to knit these.

In other knitting news, I've decided to abandon the soft purple sweater. Love the yarn, love the patterns, but don't love the two together. The yarn doesn't have enough stitch definition to really show the stitch pattern. I have yet to frog, but I will. I'm thinking about getting a ball winder, which would make the frogging process a lot quicker. The yarn will eventually become a solid version of the sport-weight Essential Stripe.

On a completely unrelated topic, there's part of a commercial being filmed at my house today. There's nothing quite like having a film crew in your house to make you feel glamourous.

2 comments:

Kaity said...

Ohh 14 days till your b-day! Awesome. So weird, first we where both knitting socks for friends of ours, and I just casted on for socks for my boyfriend yesterday, haha.

kathy b said...

C'mon Marion. What is the commercial for? I love to watch filming too.