Pattern: made up (68 stitches with a short-row toe)Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Georgetown, 1 skein
Needles: Susan Bates Silvalume DPNs, U.S. size 1
I'd forgotten how quick it is to knit socks for little feet, little being a relative term. I don't have small feet by any stretch of the imagination, but they're lots smaller than the last three sets of feet I've knit for--all three of those sets of feet belong to males who are at least six feet tall.
Either way, I LOVE this yarn. It's a wool/nylon blend, but it's much softer than other sock yarns with similar compostion. This colorway is varigated, but the lengths of color are long enough that (over this number of stitches, at least, I did get some pooling on the heels and toes) it makes a nice stripey pattern.
2 comments:
Totally Cute!!!!!!!1
Love these footies (if you feel like writing the pattern up for someone who's never knitted socks before ;D)
Post a Comment