Monday, May 22, 2006

Iffy

I'm not sure I like the stripe pattern on my Technicolor socks all that much. I know I said that it had started to grow on me, but I picked the sock up after school today and put it down again almost immediately.

To finish, or not to finish--that's the question.

So I don't like the stripes... they're just socks. And what else am I going to do with the yarn? I hate to stash yarn, and I'm starting to aquire one. Maybe I can knit short socks instead of the previously planned tall(er) ones. I'll finish more quickly and then I can pitch the rest of the yarn. Not something I normally do, but at least I'd be rid of it.

I was thinking about restarting the soft purple sweater. Knitting a wool sweater in Southern California in May might be crazy, but all that gorgeous yarn sitting in my drawer is making me feel too guilty to get yarn for and start the other sweater I have in mind.

1 comment:

Kaity said...

You could knit the socks for someone who loves the stripes... cough*me*cough... JK! Lol.