...I played poker with my little brother and his friends instead of going to prom.
I think it's kind of lame, kind of funny. I decided not to go to prom because I didn't actually care about going, so it doesn't really bother me that I hung out with a group of slightly annoying sophomore boys instead of going. It would have been boring if my boyfriend and my cousin hadn't been there as well, but they were there and that made my brother's friends more tolerable.
I do have some knitting progress to report, but my camera is in the southern part of England until tomorrow (my dad borrowed it to take on a business trip), so pictures will have to wait. But I did finish the first striped sock, and I'm about halfway done with the purple scarf that's listed in the sidebar but I haven't mentioned until now.
The scarf is for my friend Samantha. It's very pretty and very simple, since I'm using a lace pattern with a one-row repeat. I've knit about half the scarf, and I think I've got about half a skein of Plymouth Galway left, but I can always make it longer by blocking if I have to.
I'm thinking about Kool-aid dyeing my skein of KnitPicks dye-your-own sock yarn this afternoon or tomorrow. I'm thinking of trying to get a nice pale pink, but Kool-aid is fairly bright. Should I use less Kool-aid than recommended to get the lighter color, or just not let the yarn absorb all the dye?
Sunday, May 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I would dilute the pink in the hot water and not use as much kool-aid.
Cool, thanks!
instead of using 1 pkg of koolaid per oz of yarn, try 1 pkg per 2 oz. you can always go deeper pink later if you want. have fun - it's a blast!
p.s. miss marion, i dyed some striping yarn today and you're going to go nuts over it... let's just say i've named it "mood ring" - jewel tones, purples, teals, blues.
Post a Comment