
I got home from orientation and found Fiona Ellis' Inspired Cable Knits on my desk. I'd seen it at one of the LYSs, and told my mom about it, so she ordered it. I'll be making the tree-pose yoga mat bag for her. She does knit, but has no time and has never done cables before.
And today, I got my Hempton medium in the mail! From looking at it so far, it seems like more of a fingering weight than a sport weight, but I'll wait and see how it knits up.
Orientation was lots of fun. I met a couple of particularly cool people: a girl from Illinois who's going to major in Human Biology, and our group leader. The part that wasn't fun was the amount of time it took to get from school back home (2.5 hours) and from home to my boyfriend's house (1.5 hours). That's entirely too much time in the car!
Saturday, June 24, 2006
And There's New Yarn!
This is as far as I got on my second Technicolor sock on Wednesday night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your socks are pretty! Don't ya love that Fiona Ellis book?!
Wow, your boyfriend lives far away!
I love that yoga bag, with all the little guys in their little poses, heehee.
It's not really that far, about 25 miles, but it takes ages in rush-hour traffic.
Post a Comment