Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Hmm...

So, is a yarn diet not buying any yarn, or is it only buying yarn you need? I suppose it’s only yarn you need, because not buying any yarn would be more like a yarn fast. That means my yarn diet is still intact, despite ordering some Hemp for Knitting Hempton Medium from KPixie. Cool.

I’m still not thrilled (or even finished) with the Technicolor socks (alternately known as the crayon socks or the ugly striped socks, depending on my mood). I'm not thrilled with a lot of things right now, though, so maybe I'll like them more when I'm feeling better.

I'll be getting up at a ridiculously early hour tomorrow to go down to school for freshman orientation. Hopefully all goes well. :)

p.s. I'm hunting for a self-striping or varigated sock yarn that prominently features green and yellow, preferably a cotton/wool/synthetic blend, but any sock yarn is fine. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Kaity said...

Hmm, I can;t think of any sock yarns off of the top of my head, but I'll keep an eye out!

kathy b said...

Marion

Try some Regia cotton. If you look at my blog from about 3 weeks ago? I made the broadripple socks for my daughter in those colors . The wash nicely. Good luck. irisheyesknitters.blogspot.com