I generally don't have a problem with frogging even a nearly-finished project and starting over if I'm not happy with it. That happened with Fleur. It happened with a pink alpaca tank top I knit last summer pre-blog and with the cropped cardigan I knit last fall. I've also started over on smaller projects like hats and socks.
But I really don't want to have to start this project over. I love the yarn and the way it knits up into an organic looking, not-quite-even looking fabric. Maybe it's the gauge (7 stitches per inch--this yarn is definitely more fingering weight than sport weight), or maybe it's the other projects I want to make, or the projects I have to make.
Hopefully I've learned enough from past mistakes. I'm doing my waist shaping as darts similar to the shaping in the Picovoli. I did my waist shaping on the sides for Fleur, and she doesn't hang as well. I'm also going to be working false seams up the sides (which is also supposed to help how things hang), and making slightly bigger armholes than I did for Fleur.
At the moment, I'm still using my first ball of yarn and I'm almost done with the waist decreases. Maybe I will have enough yarn after all.
Photos tomorrow, I hope.
Sunday, July 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, I hope you do have enough yarn and I am crossing my fingers for you. Good luck at the new job. IF you are tired, just nap! I am a very firm believer in the power of the nap!
Post a Comment