Sunday, July 16, 2006

Lots o' Socks

Technicolor Socks.
I finally finished the last little bit of these socks. And by a little bit, I mean about 6 or 7 rounds. Yikes.
Pattern: Standard toe-up sock
Yarn: On Line Supersocke 100 in color 792, 1 skein
Needles: Susan Bates Silvalume DPNs, U.S. size 1
Gauge: 9 stitches/inch
Techniques: Magic Cast-on detailed in the Spring '06 issue of Knitty; short-row heels

"Real Men Wear Pink" Socks-to-be.
These are for one of my favorite cousins, who likes bright colors. He wore a green-and-white striped shirt with a pink tie to graduation, with brightly colored argyle socks. I don't think I have the patience to do argyle, so I'm going to use Plymouth Sockotta in color 30: bright blue, bright pink, bright yellow, and bright orange.

"Redhead" Socks-to-be.
I've ordered a skein of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Peach to make my friend a pair of footie socks for her birthday. She requested pink, one of her favorite colors but not one she wears much of due to her hair color.

I went to to sort-of local yarn store yesterday to pick up a skein of Classic Elite Star in white to make a hat for my boyfriend's cousin's baby-to-be, but I don't like it. I'm thinking I'll go back and get Dale of Norway Stork instead.

1 comment:

Kaity said...

Ah, man I love those socks! I bought a skein of sock yarn the other day that almost looks like that, so I hope my socks turn out that cool. Nice Job!!!