Thursday, August 17, 2006

Chores.

Last Sunday, I decided that I was going to give myself exactly one week to finish the socks for my cousin. I haven't knit a stich since then.

Whoops.

These socks are becoming just like the dishes sitting in the dishwasher downstairs that I was supposed to unload this moring: a chore. My boyfriend is always telling me that I should stop knitting so many things for other people and knit myself a sweater instead. And, like usual, he's right--it's an annoying habit of his.

So once I finish these, I'm putting a temporary ban on solicited gift knitting (these socks were my aunt's idea). And I'm going to knit a sweater. I've got a couple of ideas brewing.

I wonder if I will finish the socks this weekend. It's probably slightly more likely than my waxing the car, cleaning out my closet, or orgazinzing my desk.

1 comment:

Kaity said...

Oh chores, they are so annoying. I have to College on Monday, it will seriously cut into my knitting time :(

I hardly ever knit for others, it's no fun that way.