Saturday, August 12, 2006

Redhead Socks


Pattern: Made up, basic sock pattern
Yarn: 1 skein Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Peach, purchased here.
Needles: Susan Bates Silvalume DPNs, U.S. size 1 and U.S. size 0 for heels and toes
Gauge: About 9 stitches/inch
Techniques: Afterthought heel

The afterthough heel is a cool technique, and I like how it creates matching heels and toes without having to use short rows. But (there's always a but) it is sort of a PITA in that it creates a lot more ends to weave in.

These socks are a Sweet Sixteen present for one of my best friends. We have similar fondnesses for chick movies, bargain shopping, and bright pink nailpolish. We also like to go bike riding on the river trail on Saturday mornings and laugh at the old guys in spandex bike shorts. Her birthday was actually at the end of last month, but she's been out of town so I've been slow to finish.

Some garden shots from this morning:





2 comments:

Kaity said...

Afterthought heel... hmm I gotta try that.

kathy b said...

I have to try the afterthought heel as well. Nice sunflower image. Must be lovely in your garden.