There are a lot of "life skills" I don't have. I don't know how to change a car's oil, or put on a spare tire, or drive with a manual transmission. I'm not a very good cook. And my time management leaves a lot to be desired.
But I can knit.
It doesn't exactly sound like a life skill, and maybe it's not, but it's nice to be able to whip out last minute scarves and beanies for presents when its needed. And last weekend, being able to knit and understand how the stitches fit together got me a shirt.
There was one cap-sleeve sweater left in my size in this pretty orchidy purple color, and it had a snag. So I figure, no worries, I can get a discount because of the snag and then work it out when I get home. Nope. It was against store policy to sell damaged merchandise, so they couldn't sell it to me at all... until I borrowed a pin and worked the snag out then and there.
It seems kind of silly that I had to get the snag out so that they could sell it to me at full price, but I really wanted it and this way I didn't have to wait to have one sent over from another store. Cool!
I've been in another knitting/blogging/commenting funk this week, mainly due to killer headaches, but I'm hoping to finish my cousin's socks this weekend. Let's just hope I don't run out of yarn!
Friday, September 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
They wouldn't sell you the snagged sweater, so you fixed it right there and then they sold it to you?
Nuts.
well, of course, I view Knitting as a lifeskill. It is a wonderful craft and an intricate undertaking each and every time.
Your socks came out wonderful. Are they for SANTA? They are so big
Post a Comment