Monday, November 13, 2006

Mail Time

I like getting mail. Especially when that mail contains yarn, and when the package is small enough that it turns up in my mailbox so I don't have to walk to the mail room to pick it up.

Regia Stretch, color 2, for my Dad's socks

The two yarns were shipped separately. I was expecting the Regia Silk to come first, because it shipped a day earlier, but I'm learning that the school mail system isn't always predictable.

I'm dyeing this yarn red, but don't have easy access to a stove and Kool-Aid until winter break (four weeks). I know yarn is generally dyed before knitting, but I may just dye the socks after I knit them. If I do that I can start knitting now, and I'll have cream colored leftover yarn instead of bright red (I'm not a big red person).

I really enjoyed my long weekend. My boyfriend came down on Friday to visit and before I knew it, it was Sunday and I hadn't knit a stitch or even thought about my homework. I hope everyone else had a good weekend too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't love getting mail?