I've knit so many pairs of plain stockinette stitch socks. But the Elfine's socks I just knit went so fast that I was starting to wonder if maybe patterned socks on size 2 needles (to get a more normal gauge of 8 st/inch) was the way to go.
(Yeah, we need to vacuum.)I think so. My grandma is getting Hello Yarn's Cable Twist Socks in Regia Silk for Christmas. The yarn came in the mail yesterday, and this is how far I am already. I'm anticipating more progress during tonight's episode of America's Next Top Model. So far, I'm really liking the pattern (I forsee a second pair for myself) but I'm not so sure about the yarn. It makes a very soft knitted fabric, but I don't always like the way it feels while knitting.
I got a nice big cuff going on my dad's socks, but the gauge is so tiny that I'm not sure the socks are big enough. My mom is going to measure his zebra socks and let me know how big those are.
1 comment:
Ooh, I love America's Next Top Model!
That sock pattern is so pretty! I'm gonna have to try those.
Post a Comment