Sunday, January 21, 2007

Clever

Socks make bloring blog material. The second one usually takes longer than the first one, and but it's exactly the same as the first. Normally, the only thing I'd have to report would be that I got a lot done during the Bears-Saints (go Bears!) game this afternoon, but I've got something cool to show that I didn't mention on the first sock.

I think socks with a heel flap fit better than those without, but I've never quite figured out the whole turned-heel thing. I prefer short-row heels. The solution? A short (10 rows) heel flap before a short-row heel, then a gusset very similar to what a heel-flap-with-turned-heel sock would have:


Nifty, huh? I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this, but I don't remember seeing it anywhere before, so I got to feel all smug and pleased with myself when I tried on the first sock and saw how well it fits.

No comments: