After noticing that the gauge here looked smaller than on the remains of the tank top I'm pulling the yarn out of, I decided trying it on to see if it'll fit would be a good idea. And yeah, it's a little bit snug, but it's better than being too loose. I think the gauge is okay.
I'm crossing my fingers that the difference in the knitted fabric is just from knitting with the yarn without washing it and drying it to get all the kinks out first. The knitted fabric on the top I'm ripping out is so soft, drapey, and just the perfect gauge. I know the stitches will even out with washing, but I hope the gauge and drape come out right too. I don't trust myself not to rip a third time if it's not perfect.
I want some socks.
(In the interest of full disclosure, I did order some sock yarn from KPixie last night. But it likely won't be here until Friday, and I'm leaving before mail comes. Booo.)
No comments:
Post a Comment