Friday, April 13, 2007

Overheard in the computer lab...

...which has recently become my home away from home.

Guy in Striped Shirt: Okay, I'm gonna go now.
Guy with Glasses: You are? But the sun's still out.
Striped Shirt: Yeah, but it's the weekend. I'm going home.
Glasses: But if you go outside you might burn.

He was kidding. I think.
* * *

I haven't knit all week, partly due to being so busy, and partly because the yarn for my aunt's socks hasn't come yet. But, I wrote a program that reads input and writes output. Normally, there are standard functions for that sort of thing, but the instructor believes that we don't yet appreciate the wheel, so we're going to reinvent it. Sure, he's got a point, but it's so much work.

Last night my RA, who has gotten into knitting recently, was showing me a couple of knitting books she'd gotten. We were flipping through the stitch dictionary section of one of the books, and I saw a chart for a Tumbling Blocks stitch pattern. Now wouldn't that make pretty much the coolest pair of socks ever?

No comments: