Monday, June 18, 2007

Summertime...

and the living is eeeeeeeeeasy...

I am so glad to be done with school, you would not believe it. I actually finished up with finals last Tuesday, and came home that evening. Then on Thursday I left to go on a mini-vacation to Las Vegas (a 21st birthday was involved, but it was not mine) and I got back yesterday.

I didn't do as much knitting as I had expected. Other than on the drive home yesterday, I hardly did any. I started by black and white-striped sweater while I was at home last week and made some pretty good progress until it got ignored during the trip, but I am up to the heel on the second of my aunt's socks. Those should be finished pretty soon.

So what's up for the summer? Aside from finishing what's on my needles right now, I'm hoping to knit at least two more pairs of socks (I've promised each of my parents a a pair) and to at least start a lace project.

As for my reading list... it just keeps growing. It's heavy on classical literature through the middle ages (thank you, Western Civ), and I'd like to reread some old favorites. Right now I'm reading the Decameron. There's not a chance on earth that I'll get to everything, but the to-read list also includes: the Iliad, the Odyssey, the Aeneid, The Art of Love, the Lais of Marie de France, East of Eden, Zorro, the Koran, and of course Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

No comments: