I bought yarn for a sweater last weekend. Six skeins of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, three each in Cotton Ball (I think) and Cavern. I have a serious thing about black and white stripes. I've got three black and white striped t-shirts, but it's time to add a sweater to the collection. I knit and blocked a swatch while I was at home last weekend, so I could work out the numbers here and then start as soon as I go home for the summer, but I can't seem to find it. I must have left it at home... bummer.
But I promised my aunt a pair of socks way back at the beginning of March, so I figure it's about time to get going on those. In all fairness, I ordered the yarn right away, but it was back ordered, then it took me a while to decide what pattern to use, then it took me about a million tries to get the toe right. After all that, I decided I didn't like the pattern and ripped it. That takes us up to last weekend. I charted out a stitch pattern that I saw somewhere (I could have sworn that it was from a shawl that I saw on a blog, but I checked most of the ones I read regularly and couldn't find it, so it must have been on something I saw somebody wearing--someone please tell me I'm not the only one who mentally charts the stitch patterns on strangers' sweaters!) during the week. I started yesterday and finally got the toe right, thanks to Kaity's tutorial for PERFECT short-row heels and toes. Now I'm past the heel on the first one.
I really wish I had my camera so I could show pictures. They're pretty and lacy, and I kind of want to keep them. Guess I'm going to have to knit a second pair.
Sunday, June 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sweet, I'm glad you liked the tutorial.
I know I always mentally chart the stitch patterns of everything I ever see: sweaters, socks, dogs, trees, people. I love you!
Post a Comment