I never manage to knit everything on the lists I make. Lots of times I change my mind about even liking a project before I get around to starting it. That never stops me from making the lists, though. This particular list has been in existence in one form or another for nearly a month, getting pruned down to something I think I just might be able to handle.
- Socks for my mom using Fleece Artist Nova Socks, colorway "Blackberry" to knit the Waving Lace Socks from Favorite Socks from Interweave. I started these earlier this week.
- Hat for my dad using Dale of Norway Hauk and Jaeger Matchmaker Merino 4-ply. The hat I made him for Christmas two years ago went through the dryer and no longer fits, so he's getting a replacement this year.
- Sweater for my boyfriend. Tempting fate, perhaps, but this is what he wants for Christmas/Hanukkah. I'm not sure why someone who is always so warm he has a history of skiing in shorts before wants a sweater, but he promises he will wear it. I'm going to be knitting Elizabeth Zimmerman's Seamless Hybrid, using Blue Sky Alpacas Dyed Cotton in the "graphite" colorway.
- Korknisse. Lots of them, for Christmas ornaments a la Elliphantom.
Because spending the next three months devoted to birthday and Christmas knitting would be less fun, I'm going to knit at least one of the following for myself:
- Shedir from Knitty. I've got very curly hair that poofs out unflatteringly any time I put something on my head, and beanies are the worst offenders. But this hat is so beautiful that I'm choosing to ignore that fact and knit it anyway.
- Socktoberfest Socks. I've got Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Soilds in Turquoise and some Trekking XXL, but I don't know yet which I would use or what pattern I would knit.
- Something else that might strike my fancy.
And these are what I would really, really like to knit, but know I just won't have the time for. What a shame.
- Linden from Rowan Classic Alpaca. I would most likely use a cream color similar to the picture in the book, but using merino wool (soft!) instead of alpaca (itchy!).
- A scarf version of Clapotis using the Rowanspun 4ply I've got stashed. The combination of thin yarn and small needles would make it a lot narrower, so I could follow the pattern almost as written and add to the number of rows in the middle section.
No comments:
Post a Comment