Friday, November 18, 2005

The Art Of The Knitblog

What makes a good knitblog?

Well, as far as I can tell, the best knitblogs fall into two categories: there are the anecdotal knitblogs and the pure knitting knitblogs. People like Wendy of Knit and Tonic and Lynda of Knit Together...Wonderfully Made have the anecdotal knitblog thing down. They're fun to read even though a good bit of the time, only the last paragraph or two are specifically about knitting. You feel like you know a lot about the person just by reading the blog. This is one of my favorite types of knitblogs.

And there are the pure knitting blogs, which I like too. One of my favorite blogs, Streets and YOs is almost entirely knitting related content. These are fun because there is a lot of knitting content, and what knitter doesn't like knitting content?

But which kind of knitblogger am I? I suppose that my lack of a digital camera of my own is detrimental either way.

I'm reaching a knitting dilema. About a week ago I was feeling really overwhelmed with my knitting. I guess I don't really do well with this many-projects-at-one-time business. But now I've finished the Picovoli and my scarf, and the Essential Stripe sweater is looking like a no-go for the time being, so what do I have to knit? I have one finished Koigu sock, but one sock is hardly going to keep me busy for a long time. I've got two balls of the Merino Stretch that I can't send back to Elann, so maybe that can become a scarf.

I need to buy Christmas present yarn soon. But I still haven't decided who is getting what. Hmm...

4 comments:

Kaity said...

Yeah... Mom just pretends to be funny... Lol.

Marion said...

Haha. Maybe so. You'd probably think my mom is funny, and I don't.
BTW, I love your blog too, it just didn't really fit either of the categories...
Have fun tomorrow!

Lynda said...

Ahh, thanks for the mention - even though I was dissed by my own daughter! And, BTW, I check your blog for updates every day - you've got a "good blog thing" going too!

Marion said...

Thanks, Lynda!