Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

So it's just after six o'clock p.m. on the day before Thanksgiving. I'm at home, and have been since about noon (minimum day today). What am I doing right now?

Am I knitting? Reading the book I borrow from a friend two weeks ago but haven't had time to read? Taking a nap? Hanging out with a friend?

No, none of these, my friends. I am doing homework. Why? Because the Spanish class I am taking at community college is meeting tonight, and I have an essay to finish revising. Granted, my best friend did come over for awhile, and I have been knitting on my Koigu socks and some Itsy Bitsy Sweaters, but now it's time for homework, and class in at 7:30. Oy vey.

Last weekend I finished another Itsy Bitsy Sweater, and took photos of the process. Since I have the pattern written up, I'll add the photos in and post it here, in case anyone else wants it.

Have a happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be interested the itsy bitsy sweater pix & pattern. What pattern do you use for your Koigu socks and what method - toe up, 2 at a time, etc.? I've only knit 2 pair of socks and both were the "old-fashioned" way from the leg/ankle down to the toe (except for the 3 pair of "fuzzy feet" slippers recently). I HATE the kitchener stitch. I have to look at the intructions each time and it never comes out to my satisfaction. Doesn't matter with the fuzzy feet as they will shrink and hide a multitude of "sins". I want to make something really pretty from my Koigu stash coming in the mail plus my Vesper and various other handpaints, etc. I will have socks for days when I get all them done - or maybe socks for 30 days!!

Marion said...

I don't use any specific pattern for socks. Every sock I've ever made has been a multiple of 4 stitches (60 for, 64 or 68 for people with bigger feet). Sometimes toe-up, sometimes top-down, sometimes ribbed and sometimes plain.
The Koigu socks were top down with a short row heel and short row toe, although I used Kitchener stitch. They're very short socks, so I managed to get a pair out of one ball.