Friday, November 11, 2005

Scarves And Such



Yesterday morning, I got to zero period wind ensemble and found out that we wouldn't be playing. Since I had a few extra minutes, I did what any knitter would do: pulled out my yarn and figured I could probably get a repeat of my scarf done before class started. The girl who sits next to me (one of the "cool kids", and she always wears really cute outfits) got there a little bit after I started knitting and said something like, "Ooooh! You know how to knit?!?! That's so cool!" and asked me if she bought the yarn, would I make her a scarf? This wasn't the first time I've had someone ask me that, and like usual, I said yes.

I've never actually had anyone follow through on that, though. I wonder if she will.

I am now well into the second ball of yarn for my cashmere scarf. I started it this morning and now I've done about ten inches with the second ball of yarn. Despite being on size 3 needles, the scarf goes fairly quickly. I suspect that I might have an F.O. picture by Monday.

Speaking of F.O.s, I should have a picture of the finished Picovoli on Monday too. I'm babysitting tomorrow night so I will probably get the last inch and a half done then.

Happy Vet's Day, everyone!

7 comments:

Lynda said...

Marion - I can feel how soft that scarf is just by looking at it! Beautiful cables!`

Kaity said...

So cute! Apparently, I've "really started something" with my knitting at school, according to my "cool kid" friend.

So far I've taught two "cool" kids to knit, and they where in the same class and had nothing to do, so they worked on their scarves together. Nice job, Marion!

Kaity said...

Ohh yeah, and I have two teachers asking for beanies, too.

Marion said...

Hahaha... I don't suppose you know how to set up Blogger to only allow comments from people you want to comment?

Kaity said...

Yeah, you can choose to "moderate" your comments under comment settings, and then you get an email when someone leaves you a comment that asks whether or not you want to publish or delete that comment

Marion said...

Thank you Kaity!

JustApril said...

that's beautiful! Doncha LOVE cables? I do! Cashmere cables are even better =)