Sunday, November 13, 2005

Socks and Scaves and a Sweater, oh my!

I lied: I won't have any F.O. pictures tomorrow. I've got them today.
Babysitting last night, I finished the last part of the Picovoli my mom is getting for Christmas, and then finished up my cashmere scarf. Plus, yesterday I made a ridiculously tiny, yet very cute, sock. It's only sixteen stitches around.


Pattern: Picovoli by Grumperina
Yarn: Filatura di Crosa Zara (one of my new favorite yarns)
Needles: Addi Turbo circulars, U.S. size 3
Notes: I. love. this. pattern. I made one for myself in Dale of Norway Svale, which I love, and my mom wanted one too. We're not the same size and can't share clothes, so she's getting one, with yarn from her own stash, no less. (My mom doesn't have much time to knit so my dad figured that she wouldn't notice if a few balls of yarn that she's had for years went M.I.A.)


Pattern: Made up, ribbed with cables.
Yarn: Elann Far East Collection Pure Cashmere
Needles: U.S. size 3

Pattern: My own (see below)
Yarn: Plymouth Sockotta, I think. I lost the label.
Needles: U.S. size 1

I wrote out the pattern for the miniature sock, but then Internet Explorer froze and I lost it. I'll retype it later today and post it tomorrow or Tuesday.

3 comments:

Kaity said...

Wow, look at you go, i loooove that scarf! I love it! and the teeny sock is so cute! Way to go, whats next on the list of things to make, since you've finished up all that?

Anonymous said...

can't wait to get that min-sock pattern to make some baby socks for my duo - the cable-rib scarf is fab! and your mom will be smiling when she gets her pico!

Marion said...

Jennifer--I hope your kids are tiny 'cause these socks are about an inch long. :) Maybe if you made them with bigger yarn they'd become baby slippers. That'd be cute!