
Here we have my progress so far on my Grandma's socks, and a close-up of the lace pattern. Isn't it pretty? The yarn is GGH Merino Soft, which I just bought this afternoon.
Two complaints, though. First, this yarn twists up on itself. A lot of center-pull balls do, but this stuff is particularly bad. Second, look closely at the top picture. It's a bit crooked, but can you see that the pattern twists around the sock? It isn't supposed to do that. Hopefully it won't create problems when I extend the pattern onto the instep.
In hat news, I've started the second brother hat and I've made significant progress into my dad's hat. I'd post pictures, but the digital camera isn't home right now and hats don't fit onto the scanner as well as partial socks do.
Blocking of my mom's Picovoli sweater was successful. I'm considering blocking it again tomorrow to get the last bit of roll out of the edges, but it may be fixable with the crocheted edge. Now all I have to do is weave in the ends and do that crocheting (me? crocheting? hah!).
1 comment:
"Blocking for Dummies" cracked me up, and the sock looks very cool! I like the way it twists like that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the instep part!
Post a Comment