I finished! Every last thing. My boyfriend wore his shirt (which I still need to get a picture of) and my mom wore her Picovoli. Success!
Now... What to knit? I'm now armed with a set of Denise knitting needles, a copy of The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns, and checks just waiting to be cashed and spent at kpixie, Elann, or the LYS, but now real clue what to knit.
One of my new year's resolutions for 2006 is to knit thing I'll wear and wear the things I knit. I'm making this effective now because anything I start knitting now will still be being worked on in 2006. So I'm trying to work between prefering to knit with wool and alpaca but living in Southern California and not liking big needles but also not liking projects that take forever.
I'm thinking maybe a deep V-neck cardigan, or maybe an off-the-shoulder top a la The Cherries over at Knitty, but in a smaller and less pricey yarn.
P.S. I got the coolest Christmas gift from my brother--a transluscent pink Swiss Army knife.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my, armed with your new Denise needles, the Sweater Patterns book (love it), and money burning a hole in your pocket - there'll be no stopping you now! Can't wait to see what you pick for your next project!
Post a Comment