Thursday, December 29, 2005

Project planning


I've got a project! Or rather, I've got a project coming in the mail. I ordered five skeins of Karabella Vintage Cotton from KPixie on Tuesday, which I think I will be getting either tomorrow or the day after.

I've already got sketches and math going for the top I'm going to make from the Vintage Cotton, but I don't actually know what gauge I'm going to get. I Googled the yarn to see if I could find any mentions of it on other blogs (I didn't want to end up with yarn I wouldn't like), so I think I can expect a gauge between 6 and 6.5 stitches per inch. Itty bitty!

In the meantime, this week is Fun With Swatches week. I'm having fun with my new interchangable needles and using up small amounts of leftover yarn. I also go to knit up a sample of dk weight cashmere from Colourmart, which is just luscious, and practiced decreases in a (very, very simple) lace pattern.

In other news, it's kind of unnerving to go for a drive to look at the city views only to find out that it's ridiculously foggy and all the other drivers on the road are driving like they can see more than 50 feet ahead. We're going to go back some other time, and I'm going to take my camera. What views we did get to see were stunning.

5 comments:

Kaity said...

Are you lovin the Interchangeables? I am!!!

Kaity said...

Are you lovin the Interchangeables? I am!!!

Kaity said...

oops.

Marion said...

Hee hee. Yes I am!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are on a roll with the designing...is a book in progress? ;O)

I love your scarf...your dad's hat...mini sock...keep up the great work.

Hey, was there a pattern to the scarf?