I love rain, I love basketball, and I love it when the mail comes with not one, but two packages of yarn. So, naturally, I love sitting in bed listening to a basketball game on the radio with rain pounding on the window, knitting.
One of them was my KPixie box, and the other was completely unexpected: another set of samples from Colourmart. Why, I don't know, but I certainly am not going to complain. I think I'm going to use all these little bits to make a cute little cashmere sweater for my cell phone.
I've already swatched with my Vintage Cotton, and like a good little knitter I washed my swatch before I measured the gauge. But AAAAAGH! the agony of waiting for a swatch to dry. Now I know why no one likes to do it. But I do think I will have close to the predicted 6 stitches per inch. Small enough, but not too small.
I also joined the What's Your Skein? knitalong that Jennifer started (she comes up with the best knitalong themes). I'm going to need to buy a skein, though. I'm not much of a stasher so I don't have much to work with.
Saturday, December 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
what's that? FREE smaples??? can't wait to see what you make of them, lucky girl!
p.s. love your button for the new KAL - great colors!
i meant "samples" - typing too fast!
Heehee. Yeah, you can order a set of sample (like 7 or 8 yarns, about 10 yards each) for a dollar! Which is almost as good as free, but I still have no idea why I got the second set.
Post a Comment