Saturday, December 03, 2005

Swatch out!


One thing that can be a real pain about patterns: they don't always show you a close-up of the stitch pattern. How are you supposed to tell what it looks like? You make a swatch, of course. I just don't like swatching just for stitch patterns because I feel like I've wasted time if I don't like the way it looks.

Luckily, I like this one, a lot. It's knitted in leftover yarn from my Koigu socks (have I posted a picture of those yet?), but it's destined to be knit in some red GGH merino for Grandma's Christmas socks. I don't exactly recall the name of the yarn, but I'll be getting some in the next few days.

I did pretty much no knitting this week, so I still have two hats, these socks, and a pretty good number of miniature sweaters to make. I'm going to cast-on for the hats this weekend, and I'll probably have some knitting time at school this week to work on them.

P.S. The stitch pattern is for Betty's Sox on the Townsend Socks KAL on Yahoo Groups. You have to join the group to get the patterns, but it's worth it. They have some cool (if complicated) patterns there.

No comments: