Monday, January 30, 2006

Nope, This Is Not a Portable Project


Check that out! My Brooklyn Handspun yarn from KPixie was waiting for me when I got home from school today. 170 yards of handspun lusciousness in a pink-and-purple colorway called "Berry Splash." And it makes one big ball of yarn. This will fit in my knitting bag, but definitely not in my purse.

This is really boring, but I'm thinking about using it to make a scarf. I honestly can't think of anything else to do with it. There's plenty to make a beanie, but I just made one (and have another one planned), and I can't think of anything else to do with it. Any ideas?

This also gives me the opportunity to show off the super-cool purse my boyfriend got me for Christmas. It's made of seatbelts woven together, and as a result, I have never gotten so many compliments on a purse from guys.

3 comments:

Kaity said...

That yarn looks yummy, and a scarf sounds good to me! I love your purse!! It reminds me of the Duct-tape wallet my brother got for christmas!!

Lynda said...

That purse is so cool! And, your purple yarn looks just like the handspun stuff Heather (A Chance to Knit) sent me! I used a little of it for stripes in a sweater, but am still trying to figure out what to use the rest for!

Lynda said...

Me again- I see you have the BeeGee's on your Top Five. I saw them in concert when I was in high school - swoon...Barry Gibb... and, yes, I'm THAT old!