Sunday, January 22, 2006

Whew!

There are lots of times where I wish I hadn't listened to my mom. Like that pink ruffled miniskirt that I got last spring when she and I went shopping. "Oh it's so cute! And it's so you." Of course, I should have listened to my instinct, which was telling me, "Yeah, it's cute, except that it's not really me. I look like a Barbie doll." But I did listen to my mom (and the salesgirls, too, come to think of it) and I bought the skirt. I wore it once, out to dinner with my boyfriend, and that was only because my mom wouldn't let me back upstairs to change. It has since been given to a friend who doesn't wear jeans 364 days a year.

This time, I'm glad I listened. I was afraid that my Vintage Cotton tank top was going to be too big. But my mom insisted that it would be fine, and she was right. It felt too big because cotton does tend to sag, especially when you have 100 stitches on held on scrap yarn hanging down your back. After finishing the back of the top, though, and using the three-needle bind off to seam the shoulders, the thing is pretty dang cute.

Now for blocking and edging the neckline and armholes.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Can't wait to see it! (pink ruffled miniskirt - shoulda gone with your gut on that one!!)