Isn't he cute???Pattern: From BHG Australia, available here
Finished Size: Just under 6 inches
Yarn: Elann Peruvian Collection Baby Cashmere in Serengeti Sand (1 ball!) and a few feet of Rowan Kid Silk Haze in black for the nose
Needles: U.S. size 1 double pointed needles
Surprises: It only took one ball of yarn, so now I've got an extra ball.
Comments: I knit the body, arms, legs, and ears in the round to eliminate some of the seaming, but since I didn't adjust the number of stitches (except on the ears), this seems to have resulted in a slightly disproportionate teddy bear.
I've got my notes on modifying the bear to be knit in the round, so if you'd like them, let me know and I'll type them up. Since I see another one of these guy little guys in my future (oy!), I think I'll try to address the proportions then.
5 comments:
Your teddy bear is so adorable!! I love that you knit him in the round and eliminated the need for seaming. Such a cutie! :-) Fantastic job. Take care, Marion! :-)
He is soo cute!!!! I was thinking about making one of these guys, so if you wouldn't mind typing up your notes and passing them along, I would love to have them!!
Thanks! :)
Kaity, I'll email you my notes as soon as I get them typed.
Sooooo cute Marion! Very nice job. And, Baby Cashmere, man I bet he's soft and cuddly!
Marion,
The yarn used in Al's arizona vest that is posted on irisheyes is made from:
Cherry Tree Hill sportweight washable. Enjoy!
Post a Comment