This is a sock:
Check out my super-cool (albeit ancient) purple Chucks!Yes, a finished one. But the bind off is too tight. It barely fits my calf, and I assume that the Doberman, being five inches taller than I am, has larger calves. This is a problem.
The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques lists "Very elastic, good for neck edges" under the list of benefits for the Picot Bind Off. Every other bind off technique in the book has "Easy to work too tightly" listed as a drawback, and I despise the only other stretchy bind off I know, so Picot Bind Off it is.
I'll be knitting on the purple sweater tonight while I watch the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship. I've got extra motivation to finish because I just have to knit Wendy's new Fad Classic and the Green Gable top from Zepher Style.
2 comments:
Also, casting off with a needle wayy too big is good. Like those pink socks you asked about?, I knit them with a US 2, and cast off with a US 13. I'm not kidding. It looks funny when you do it, but after you put them on, it knid of stetches and relaxes into place. oh, yup I use an afterthought heel. My fav! I'll try to find a good pattern or tutorial and email you a link.
Wow, that first sock went fast. You want to see old Chucks? I'll have to send you a picture of my brown ones, lol. Thanks for sendin me the mini-sweater pattern!
Post a Comment