Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Surprises

I have a love-hate relationship with surprises. Like birthday presents. I know I'm getting a "surprise", which kills part of the fun. But then, there are real surprises, like the one I got today.

Jennifer sent me a skein of beautiful hand-dyed fingering weight yarn (in my favorite colors, no less) as a graduation present. My camera battery is dead, so I'll post a picture tomorrow. But let me tell you, it is incredible, and much too pretty for socks.

I picked up a 16 inch size 3 Addi Turbo circular at the not-really-local yarn shop today, to make a beanie for the brother who previously would not wear handknits. He needs a wool hat for his backpacking trip later this month.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Hats are the only hand knits my hubby wears - he even has specific requests, the brags being the only one with "love in every stitch."!

Congratulations on graduation!!

Kaity said...

Yay for graduating! I got a gladuation surprise from our buddy Jennifer, too!