Friday, October 20, 2006

After only 5 weeks, it's a nearly completed sock!

Actually, it's been five weeks since I started the ill-fated gloves. It's been a little over two weeks since I started the socks.

I thought I would have a finish sock to show a picture of by the time I posted again, but life and all it entails—midterms, homework, trouble understanding the homework, an interesting presentation by recruiters from Google that involved not only free food but a Google tshirt—got in the way and the socks really aren’t that much further along then they were at the beginning of the week.


I am almost done, though. I'm just going to finish this 5th pattern repeat on the leg and then finish. The pattern calls for garter stitch, but I'd prefer to have a rib to help hold the socks up. I'm trying to decide between 1x1 and 2x2 ribbing. Any thoughts?

I’m going back home for the weekend. My mom’s birthday is on Sunday so I decided I’d go home as a surprise. She thinks that I have midterms next week and that I might come home next weekend. Sneaky.

1 comment:

Kaity said...

Very Sneaky. I vote for 1x1, i dont know why, I just think it looks better.