School is going great, but life has got me a bit stressed. As if I didn't knit tightly enough already.
I'm having a hard time finding a sock pattern to use for the orchidy-purple Koigu yarn. Part of the problem is that most sock patterns are written for a gauge of 8 stitches per inch on U.S. size 1 needles, but I get 9 stitches per inch. I'm hoping that f I get a pair of size 2 needles (is anybody else sensing an opportunity to check out the LYS?), my gauge will be big enough that I'll be able to knit the Badcaul socks or Elfine's socks.
Because as much as I love Eunny's Bayerische socks and the Cablenet socks from the fall Knitty, I don't currently have the time or the inclination to knit them. Over winter break, maybe.
Maybe I'll go get needles between classes this afternoon. In the mean time, though, I have some cough drops to go buy (germs really do spread like wildfire in a dorm) and some math homework to do.
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i do believe the ylys will be therapeutic for you ;-) and who doesn't love math???!!! i took calculus classes as my electives in college - yay you! hope you feel better soon - i think the new needles will help.
Post a Comment